Thursday, March 21, 2013

Low Productivity Day

Opening day of the Tourney, I'm anticipating a low-production day. Basketball can be watched from work, which continues a tradition I've held for about 5 or 6 years. I'm currently watching MSU-Valpo (sounds like a variation of dog food, right?), so I'm going to put a couple things out there & then get back to the game.

Love this quote from Jim Schwartz:
"If the Tigers had Cabrera and they had Schwartz batting behind Cabrera, how many intentional walks would Cabrera get?" Schwartz said. "A lot. A lot. I might be able to move the runner across. I might be able to hit behind the runner. I might be able to foul one off. I might be able to bloop one over the first baseman's head. But I can't clean the bases. That's my skill set. 

"But Reggie Bush can clear the bases. … Calvin's the kid in little league that the other coach … intentionally walks four times in a row. Well, along with the other guys, we need to make more explosive plays when teams choose to play us that way. I think Reggie will be a big part of that."
I'll agree with that. The Lions RB's had 2 runs over 20 yards, both by Joique Bell. There's been a lot written about how defenses stacked against the pass when playing Detroit, but the Lions were unable to capitalize on it. So getting Bush is like the Tigers adding Fielder last year? Sounds good.

The Tigers sent prospect Nick Castellanos down, which means they think Dirks will duplicate or build on last year's performance. I certainly hope so. Castellanos will probably get called up at some point, because inevitably one of the Tigers' outfielders goes down & they have to tap the Mudhens' talent.

Pistons were inactive again last night, but some interesting things happened in the tanking saga, and now Detroit is tied with 2 other teams for the 4th worst record. So, yay! Right?

Draft picks for my fantasy league were announced & I ended up with #3, my dad with #2. The #1 guy emailed everybody to consider Verlander off the board, so that's that.

Keith Appling looks locked into this game, so I'm penciling Michigan State into the 2nd round. PEACE!


No comments:

Post a Comment