Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day of Days

I write emails. Looooong, sports related emails. Often including pics, links, and clips. Think "blog-post in email format". I'm sure about 80% of what I write never gets read due to the time constraints of the reader. I enjoy it though, because writing them actually informs me, and I end up with a more fully developed opinion and command of the facts.

The downside is I often feel like I'm putting a burdensome pressure on the recipient(s) to actually read the thing I send them. Also, often I'm sending to a work email, which means my 2,500-some words full of insight, wisdom & links can only be read during the workday. Well that ends today. I'm sure there are many blogs out there with a greater purpose than to be less inconvenient to people, but I make no apologies.

I love sports & have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with my Detroit teams. There are a lot of blogs that are specific to one team or one sport, but I can't really pick. I'll mainly stick with Detroit teams since that's where my rooting interests lie, but I'll probably stray into the greater realm of sports from time to time & maybe even the mysteries of the human condition. Hey, it could happen.

I also love food & cooking, art (I'm an artist by inclination, training and hopefully by trade sometime soon), movies, my wife, and the teachings of Jesus, so expect some of that to permeate the content of this blog. I'll try to be as visually friendly as possible because I'm an artist and that's what I do. 

That's all for now. First actual post is forthcoming.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to pretend you put those things you love in reverse order of importance. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why pretend? I DID put them in reverse order

    ReplyDelete