Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Off to see the Tigers

I'm heading off into the fog to watch the Tigers take on Toronto this afternoon. I got rained on during my AM run today, so I was a bit nervous about the game. Weather sites are predicting rain, but I'm optimistic. I know Detroit, and major storm systems tend to slide us by (knock on wood).
I don't have the animated version of this, but it looks like it's moving north through Port Huron and the Thumb, and Detroit gets only a little bit of the tail end of this storm. This is what usually happens, and Sarnia and Barrie catches the worst of it.

The Tigers THUMPED Toronto 7-3 yesterday. I was following the game on Gamecast and saw this:
2 outs, Jackson singled and Torii Hunter doubled. Then Cabrera happened. I still have my doubts about the Tigers' 'pen, but I like this lineup 100% more than last year's, and I like the defense about 50% more than last year's.

The Pistons take on Cleveland tonight in what should be a tank-fest team vs. a team that should be tanking but isn't match-up. Cleveland had something like a 20 point lead over Indiana in the 4th last night & blew it. Kyrie Irving probably isn't playing tonight, so unless the worst versions of Brandon Knight, Stuckey AND Monroe all show up simultaneously, this should be a Piston win. Dang.

Zach Lowe, who I've mentioned before is a certified NBA nerd, wrote an article about the evolution of defenses in the NBA. The way he describes current the NBA defensive trend is kind of like a zone running on AI. By this I mean the players follow the rules of a zone except when situation & personnel dictate otherwise. I feel like I'd be great in that systems, you know, if I were 6'8" and had a jump shot. That's all for me today. PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment