Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What was that?

So that's that. You lose to your in-state rival by 23 and you don't deserve to win the conference. It looks like Big Ten defenses have figured out how to stop Michigan's high powered offense. Beilein has been severely out-coached in the last 4 games, and that crazy-good offense looks out of gas.

The reality in the Big Ten is defenses are just stronger. Rebounds are harder to come by. And for some reason Michigan has let good defenses take them out of their offense. Some of it was Burke getting in foul trouble, and Michigan is entirely different with Burke off the floor, but it just seemed to me like Michigan's key guys weren't plugged in. 

I'm not going to say too much about this game because a) I don't feel like it, and b) I watched the State of the Union address, so I don't have a lot of personal insight. I'll just point out a couple keys stats.

  • Rebounding: Michigan - 28 (6 offensive), Michigan State - 40 (14)
  • Turnovers: Michigan - 16 (they avg about 9), Michigan State 8 (avg 13)
  • FG%: Michigan - 39.6% (they avg about 49%), Michigan State - 48.4% (avg 47%)




No comments:

Post a Comment