Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Good 10K, Tigers Strike back, Pistons reboot BK7 at PG?

Good news! I ran my 10K last week Thursday up in Gaylord, and I ran REALLY well. The course ran through a nature preserve (that was donated to the county by the guy that invented the McD's fish fillet sandwich). The surface was mostly soft dirt (almost like sand), it mainly ran through woods, and it was cool and cloudy for most of the run. There were a couple of hills though. The course was a 5K loop, and one particular section toward the end of the course (in miles 3 & 6) that was about 1/4 mile of uphill running. My goal was to run it in 50:00, but with the hill I was VERY happy with my final time of 51:37 (about an 8:20 mile pace).

This weekend my long run is 14 miles. This marathon training is starting to get real. Every 2 weeks the long run increases by about 2 miles, so in another month I'll be doing a 20 mile long run. Anybody know a legal way to make your joints & ligaments 10 years younger?

Due to the long weekend, I got to catch up on some Tigers baseball. They had fallen behind Cleveland for the division lead, but that changed quickly. Detroit celebrated the announcing of 6 Tiger All Stars (and possibly a 7th!) by beating Cleveland 3 out of four in their series & taking a 3.5 game lead.

Not crazy about what the Pistons are doing. Reportedly they're signing the Italian League MVP Luigi Datome as a backup SF, which is fine, except I think it means they can't pursue Jeff Teague unless they amnesty Charlie V. This means Brandon Knight is probably the Pistons' starting PG for the 2013-'14 season. Unless he's figured out how to throw an entry pass, this is NOT good.

No comments:

Post a Comment